Fast And Fair Compensation For Car Accidents
Many car accident victims have been led to believe that they have to choose between fast and fair compensation. The logic is that as a victim you can get fast compensation, but it may not be the dollar amount you deserve, or you can get fair compensation, but it may take a lot of time.
This is false.
While insurance companies are often happy to offer a lowball settlement soon after the car crash, and some law firms will tell you that you have to endure lengthy litigation to get the amount of money you deserve, the truth is that you can get fast and fair compensation. At the Kuvara Law Firm, our lawyers have proven this time and time again.
Over the course of more than 40 years, we have helped auto wreck victims get the money they need in a timely manner. We are ready to do the same for you.
- How we do it
- Meaningful results in car accident claims
- Compensation for more than medical bills
- Why call a personal injury lawyer before calling the other driver’s insurance?
- Why you shouldn’t accept the first offer
- Schedule a free consultation
- What kind of evidence should be collected at the scene of the car accident?
- Should I talk to the insurance company after the accident?
- Should I accept a check from the other driver or the other driver’s insurance?
How Do We Do It?
You may be wondering how we are able to get fair compensation far faster than our competitors in motor vehicle personal injury claims. The answer is fairly simple. We begin work right away and we keep working until the matter is resolved. We do not let cases stagnate. Our law office runs on sophisticated technology that adds to our efficiency, and we have refined our negotiation skills over the course of more than four decades.
Furthermore, we draw from vast knowledge of the law, and an insider’s perspective on how insurance claims are handled, thanks to our founding attorney’s background as an insurance adjuster. We go to our opponent with a clear, carefully prepared case and we get meaningful results. And on those rare occasions when that does not happen and litigation is absolutely necessary, we have trial strength that we can bring to the table.
Meaningful Results In All Kinds Of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
Headquartered in San Rafael and with law offices throughout Northern California, we handle car accident claims statewide. We also handle all other kinds of motor vehicle wrecks, including:
- Truck wrecks
- Motorcycle collisions
- Bus collisions
- Bicyclists hit by automobiles
- Pedestrians hit by automobiles
We handle cases involving brain injuries and other serious injuries, as well as fatal motor vehicle accident claims.
More Than Just Medical Bills
After a car accident on a highway, freeway or any road in California, one of the biggest issues is medical bills. They pile up fast. However, they are not the only issue.
We take pride not only in helping people recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other costs typically associated with personal claims, but also in providing guidance with property damage issues.
Was your car towed after an accident? Is it sitting in a storage yard collecting fees? Do you need to get repairs, a replacement, rental car reimbursement? This can be a challenging maze to navigate, but our attorneys are here to make sure you are going in the right direction.
Why Should You Call A Personal Injury Lawyer Before You Call The Other Person’s Insurance Company?
The insurance agent, as well as the insurance company of the at-fault driver will try to position themselves in a way that they make the most profit out of any situation. They will usually be the first phone call you make after an accident, or if not, they will call you soon after, and from there they usher you down a road that will lead them to the most profit or least financial loss.
With all of the possible expenses that will be piling up in your mind immediately after an accident, the insurance companies will try to take advantage of this by making you a quick offer of money for your medical or automobile costs. But with this offer also comes a contract for you to sign. If you go for the easy money, you will inevitably be signing your rights away to using a lawyer and taking them to court. They will try to talk you into a low amount, and if they get you, that will make it so they don’t have to worry about any real retaliation.
Don’t accept the first offer. Don’t sign anything.
Until you’ve contacted a personal injury lawyer like the reputable attorneys at Kuvara Law Firm, don’t sign anything! In the best case scenario, you will have spoken to a lawyer before you talk to the insurance company at all. They will require you to give statements from you over the phone which can be used against you if you do end up taking them to court. Without a lawyer’s protection, you can end up making some mistakes without knowing it that can give the insurance company a significant advantage. The insurance companies are in business to make a profit. So they will avoid helping you anytime they can to avoid taking on extra costs. On the other end, the lawyers at Kuvara Law Firm / 1-800-4-INJURY only compensated if you win or settle your case. This creates a win-win scenario between you and our firm. Kuvara Law Firm does not take payment unless we win your case.
The difference between the few thousand dollars that you get offered immediately after an accident and what you could win in court or in a settlement with representation of an experienced professional attorney is significant. The insurance company will try to offer you money for what they deem as your immediate needs and nothing else. You are entitled to receive compensation for a variety of needs, including pain and suffering, future estimated medical costs, lifestyle changes, loss of companionship, lost wages, diminished future earning potential, etc. Do not fall into this trap. Get paid what you’re deserved and get paid fast.
Want To Know Where To Begin?
Schedule A Free Consultation.
We handle all car crash claims on a contingency basis, which means we only ask for payment if we are successful in getting you compensation.
Car Accident FAQs
What kind of evidence should be collected at the scene of a car accident?
The more evidence you have, the better. Evidence can go a long way in helping your attorney speed up and build out a successful personal injury claim. There are a number of evidence items that can be collected at the scene of an accident to help aid your claim recovery:
- Information on any drivers involved: The most important thing you need to collect at the scene of the accident is the information on any drivers involved in the accident. You’ll want to gather license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, insurance policy numbers, and contact info.
- Witness information: After collecting info for any drivers involved in the accident, you’ll want to try to obtain the names and contact information for any witnesses to the accident. Witness statements can help piece together the events of the accident and can even be used as evidence in a lawsuit.
- Documentation of vehicle/property damages: The cost of damages to your vehicle and/or other property items can be recovered. You’ll want to take photos of any damage sustained after the accident. The same goes for any personal injuries you sustained.
- Documentation of road signs: In certain cases, it can be helpful to take photos of nearby road signs, such as reduced speed zone signs and stop signs. This evidence is especially helpful if the driver that caused the accident negligently ignored or disobeyed the signs.
- Documentation of road conditions: Negligent drivers are not the only cause for road accidents. In certain cases, dangerous road conditions can contribute to the accident. Hazardous road conditions include uneven surfaces, large potholes, broken concrete, road debris, etc. If any of these conditions existed, they should be documented with photos.
- Confirmation of security cameras: Look around and take note of any red light cameras or security cameras in the vicinity of the accident. The footage captured by the cameras can be acquired and used in your case.
Should I talk to the insurance company after the accident?
Simply put, this is never advised. Insurance companies are for profit businesses with the goal of minimizing payouts. When you speak with an insurance adjuster you could accidently make statements that can be used against you to reduce or deny your claim. It’s best to obtain legal representation with a qualified personal injury attorney before talking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Should I accept a check from the other driver or the other driver’s insurance?
An accident can be financially draining and receiving money sooner rather than later can help you pay off bills and expenses associated with the accident. However, you should never accept a check from the other driver or their insurance company without first consulting an attorney. Once you settle with an insurance company, you cannot ask for more compensation.
The compensation you receive should be enough to cover property damage, medical treatments, and lost wages. If the check amount isn’t enough to cover those expenses, you shouldn’t even consider taking it. Your car accident lawyer can help you determine the full value of your claim and fight to receive just compensation.